Apr 3, 2009

Drink of Choice

Last night my bff from forever ago, Anna, was hosting a dinner/drinks/movie night at her place, since she's leaving to go to New Zealand on Monday:) It turned out to be a good group of ladies that were or became friends: Alison (bff from forever), Meredith (met on Sunday), and Katherine (met that night). We had an awesome dinner of linguine in alfredo sauce, salad, homemade applesauce, and salmon. Believe it or not, those that know my tastes, I actually ate half of my salmon! It was that good!:)

We eventually decided it was probably time to make a few (light) drinks and start the movie. Anna the "expert" read all the recipes and started with a mudslide. I had a sip of mine and gave the rest of the glass to Anna's dad. Not quite my taste at all. After the others were done with their drink (and I had snacked on a few cookies while waiting:P), we opened the Cosmo mix. Let me just tell you, fruit punch-type drinks are the way to go! Since it wasn't a drink that you blend like the mudslide, we could create our own variety:P I think the label said 2 parts vodka, 3 parts cosmo mix?

I ended up with probably 1 or 1/2 part vodka and 3-4 parts mix.

Now, even though this sounds weak, the big news is that I drank it! I had put so much sweet fruit punch-like mix in it that I could barely taste the vodka. On one hand, that's bad because Meredith said that I should always be able to taste the alcohol so I don't have too much of it, etc etc. However, it's a huge thing for me to like an alcoholic beverage... and to have seconds.

Now don't read this whole post as "Becca's becoming an alcoholic, and this is where it all began." I like to know the fact that I am not allergic to alcohol. I don't mind that the drink I made/had was uber fruity and barely alcoholic - I'm not looking for a buzz or anything. I had fun talking with my friends, not under the influence. We enjoyed our time before our drinks just as much, if not more, than after.

All in all, good party Anna, we will repeat this sometine later, when you return from your trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment