Can't believe I'm this bad at updating. Actually I can. I can be OCD about things, persistent about completing tasks, but there are things that just get put on the back burner. Thankfully, none of those things are my marriage, my parents, my brothers, my job, and my kids (at my job:) ). That said, I'm terrible at blogging!
Alright, long story short of updating: Parents moved into their recently finished retirement home! Sean and I married 6 months and LOVING it! I'm working on taking baby steps again in my faith:) 14 months at the same job - doing alright but hoping for an upgrade in the future!
It's hard to actually have an update post without feeling like you're the rambling one sitting at the coffee shop after work:) I want to share about my hurts, my excitements, my feelings, etc. However, I don't want to scare anyone that might even be thinking about dropping a note! So, let's talk about...my kids!
My kids: 26 giggly, squirmy, excited, imaginative, 4-year-old sponges that I have the privilege to teach on a daily basis. Now if you know VA daycare laws, the ratio for 4 year olds is 1 teacher to 10 kids. My assistant/coteacher and I have been BLESSED by the days that the kids come in. We have never had all 26 there at the same time. That might change in the next few weeks, but honestly it's alright.
We see so much learning going on: my newly 5 year old who didn't even know the letters of his name spelled "ORANGE" and "GREEN" to me yesterday! I was so excited I probably scared him from spelling to me again ;)
Parent teacher conferences are this coming Friday and next Monday. Part of me wishes it was earlier, but since I just finished the assessments on Sunday night (technically 12:30am Monday morning), it's probably a good idea the conferences are later! I'm not sure if I have to do all the conferences or if I can pass off some of them to my assistant/coteacher :)
My kids are doing really well! By the end of the YEAR they should know things such as the entire alphabet, sounds included, rhymes, count up to and recognize #1-10, patterns, and write their own name. Right now, most of them can spell their name out loud AND write them. We are working on patterns. Almost all of them can count 1-10 without much prompting. Many of the kids know their full alphabet. Basically, I'm raising geniuses ;) Just kidding, but they are a great bunch of kids with great minds!
Alright, I just saw blue lightning just outside the porch window, along with what sounds like terrrrible winds and torrential rain.....what a night for Sean to be at work :( I think I'll sleep on the couch. Updates TBC, folks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment